Initial entry to the prestigious awards will end this Sunday, 22 May, so there’s still time for pubs across the UK to put their hat in the ring and be in with a chance of taking home a title that will really boost their business.
The competition, which has been running for nearly three decades now, recognises excellence across the pub sector in a range of categories, culminating in one pub being crowned Great British Pub of the Year.
Ed Bedington, the editor of the MA, which organises the awards, said: “These awards recognise the best operators in the business, and we benchmark and assess all our entrants against each other. There’s real rigour to these awards and our finalists and winners will be some of the best in the business.
Get your entries in
“If you think you’ve got what it takes to be in the running and be named a Great British Pub of the Year, then get your entries in, there’s still a few days to go, and the rewards of being recognised as one of the best are well worth the time of entry.”
There are three new categories in this year’s competition, alongside the regular categories. These include Best Sustainable Pub, Best Country/Rural Pub and Best City/Urban Pub.
To enter the awards, visit: https://greatbritishpubawards.co.uk/
Deadline for entries is 22 May.
The full list of categories to enter are:
- Best Pub Garden
- Best Pub for Entertainment
- Best Pub for Food (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Best Pub for Dogs
- Best Pub for Sport
- Best Pub for Families
- Best Pub Chef (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Best Young Pub Chef (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Community Hero
- (NEW) Best Sustainable Pub (sponsored by Heineken UK) – Open to all pubs that are doing a great job when it comes to improving their environmental footprint. Judges will be looking for sustainable practices throughout the operation of the business, from food and drink sourcing, to waste and energy reductions practices.
- (NEW) Best Country/ Rural Pub – Open to all pubs in a rural/village setting. This is for a pub that is doing an exceptional job across the board, offering high standards with its overall offer and great service in superb surroundings that caters for their target market
- (NEW) Best City/ Urban Pub – Open to all pubs in a urban/city setting. This is for a pub that is doing an exceptional job across the board, offering high standards with its overall offer and great service in superb surroundings that caters for their target market.
We'll also be judging entries from the UK's top pub companies. These are:
- Best Admiral Pub
- Best Stonegate Pub
- Best Greene King Pub
- Best Punch Pubs & Co Pub
- Best Marston’s Pub
- Best Star Pubs & Bars Pub
Bedington added: “Get your entries in now - you’ve nothing to lose, and who knows, you could find your pub being crowned the best in the country!”