The winners will be announced at the AA Hospitality Awards 2022 on 26 September at JW Marriott Grosvenor House, with previous takers of the award including Tom Kerridge, Raymond Blanc and Gordon Ramsay.
Sports host and broadcaster Gabby Logan, who will host the ceremony, said the awards were a key event for an industry “all about physical places and people”, and she was “delighted” to have an in-person ceremony after a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic.
She added: “I am really looking forward to celebrating the very best of the UK’s hospitality establishments and dedicated people in the industry, in a night to remember!”
Those nominated for the Chefs’ Chef Award hail from across the UK, from Belfast to London to Padstow to Windermere. The chefs showcase a breadth of cuisines and styles ranging from “sophisticated takes on everyday Italian to assertive modern cooking using locally sourced ingredients, to finely crafted and creative contemporary French cuisine.”
Spanning 15 categories, the awards will name the best restaurants, hotels and spas across the UK and celebrate individuals will awards such as the Lifetime Achievement Award and the AA Housekeeper of the Year Award.
AA Media managing director Simon Numphud said the company was “delighted” to have Logan host the awards, and was sure she’d make them “even more special”.
He concluded: “We are looking forward to crowning the Chefs’ Chef 2022 this September, as well as recognising the hard work and passion of many excellent establishments and teams working in the hospitality industry across the UK.”
The shortlist for the Chefs’ Chef Award 2022:
- Angela Hartnett – Murano, London
- Clare Smyth – Core by Clare Smyth, London
- Gareth Ward – Ynyshir, Eglwys Fach
- Galton Blackiston – Morston Hall, Holt
- Michael Wignall – The Angel at Hetton
- Hélène Darroze – Hélène Darroze at the Connaught, London
- Michael Deane – Deames EIPIC, Belfast
- Stephen McLaughlin – Restaurant Andrew Fairlie, Auchterarder
- Lisa Goodwin-Allen – Northcote, Langho
- Paul Ainsworth – Paul Ainsworth at No 6, Padstow
- Mark Birchall – Moor Hall Restaurant with Rooms, Aughton
- Hrishi Desai – Gilpin Hotel, Windermere