Award-winning Brooklyn Brewery, part of the Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company (CMBC) portfolio, extended its reach into the premium world category last year with the launch of Brooklyn Pilsner, and is set to drive popularity with increased investment.
Supercharging the rollout of its latest innovation, Brooklyn Brewery is gearing up to make an even bigger impact this year with a multimillion-pound heavyweight campaign, which will put Brooklyn Pilsner firmly in the spotlight.
Set to drive mass awareness with eye-catching creatives to 'paint the UK yellow', the multi-channel campaign will embrace out-of-home, digital and social media.
In April, the brand will also be catching the eye of premium beer drinkers nationwide through a series of on-trade events, projecting Brooklyn Pilsner artwork onto buildings in nine major cities, bringing with it good times, great pilsner, free merch and the chance for consumers to win a trip to Brooklyn, NYC.
One year on from its successful UK launch, Brooklyn Pilsner (ABV 4.6%) continues to increase its share of the market as the fastest growing premium lager in the brand’s national portfolio.
Securing listings in leading hospitality distribution points including Young’s, Revolution, Byron and Greene King in just six months from launch, alongside off-trade listings in major retailers including Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and ASDA, Brooklyn Pilsner quickly proved its broad appeal in the UK.
Brooklyn Pilsner is growing at an exponential rate, with the rate of sale more than doubling in the latest 4 weeks[i], and the brand’s momentum continues into 2023, boosting its stronghold in premium lager.
Olivia Rawlinson, Brooklyn Brewery Brand Manager, said “In 2023, we’re bringing Brooklyn Pilsner to the masses with new levels of investment set to amplify the brand, supporting the on and off-trade partners, and expanding Pilsner’s quickly growing UK fanbase. With a year of exciting partnerships and activations ahead of us we can’t wait to watch this eye-catching yellow beer grow.”
A glass act
Brooklyn Brewery will also launch its latest glassware to the on-trade this May, as it continues to bring a taste of its iconic namesake borough to UK pubs. The new glassware, available in pint and half pint formats, is made from super premium, weighted glass, and ultimately pays tribute to the heritage of the brewery and the foundation of its identity.
The premium glass tells the story of the borough with the brand’s infamous doodle artwork and a cityscape narrative of NYC around the base. Within the artwork are symbols of the city, doughnuts, taxis, and bridges, which circle around the base, and lead to the centrepiece of the illustration – a sketch of the brewery itself.
Sitting proudly next to Brooklyn Pilsner on taps and shelves across the country is Brooklyn Special Effects, the brewery’s low-alcohol offering that’s quickly achieving viral status as a hoppy amber lager that tastes just like a regular beer, and Brooklyn Lager, that combines toffee and caramel flavours with a dry-hopped aroma, full of grapefruit, flowers and pine.
To find out more about Brooklyn Pilsner or any of Brooklyn Brewery’s other beers visit brooklynbrewery.com, and follow Brooklyn Brewery UK on Instagram to stay up to date with the brand’s latest news.
Reasons to stock Brooklyn Pilsner:
- The beer is backed by a multi-million-pound national marketing campaign, including on and off-trade POS, VOD, OOH, PR, social and digital advertising, partnerships and experiential activations set to drive consumer awareness and sales
- It offers an opportunity for operators to attract the masses and broaden the appeal of the category, targeting younger consumers through a peak period for beer sales
- Brooklyn Pilsner is a flavourful, accessible pilsner and great-tasting premium option that’s reinvigorating the category
- Bold packaging and refreshed on-trade glassware creates standout on shelves and on taps, with clear cues about its sessionable drinkability and refreshment
- A brand intrinsically tied to the communities in which it finds inspiration, Brooklyn Brewery runs on the energy of its people, fuelled by creativity, diversity, and inclusion – values increasingly important to UK consumers’ and their purchasing decisions
[i] CGA Managed EPOS Data Latest 12 weeks to (24/12/22) vs previous 12 weeks – Sample: 49