Firefighters were called to The Malthouse pub in Ironbridge, Telford, at 8:10pm on Saturday 8 July, following reports of a property fire.
The inferno was caused by water entering an electrical fuse box, Shropshire Fire and Rescue stated.
A post of the pub’s Facebook page said the site would “rise from the ashes” but remain closed until further notice.
The post continued: “With a heavy heart we are announcing a current closure - last night a fire broke out in The Malthouse.
Rise from the ashes
“Firstly, everyone is safe, no one was harmed. We want to say a huge thank you to our guests who co-operated so swiftly and supported us.
“Thank you to our team who did an incredible job of professionally and swiftly ensuring all we’re evacuated.
“The support already from the community is overwhelming and warming our hearts more than you know.
“We will of course ‘rise from the ashes’ (a time in life that has never felt more fitting).”
The pub, which is well-known locally for its live music nights, also praised Shropshire Fire and Rescue, thanking them for arriving in “record time” and ensuring the damage was as “minimal as it could be”, though the firm added it was “unsure” of its extent.
Four fire appliances, including an Incident Support Unit, from Bridgnorth, Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury and Tweedale were called to tackle the fire, with crews using a short extension ladder and breathing apparatus.
The utility company was also in attendance at the scene, according to the fire service's report.
Shropshire Fire and Rescue confirmed the blaze was under control shortly after 10pm that evening. There have been no reports of injuries.
According to an additional post on the site’s Facebook page, the pub’s outdoor area has since reopened, with help from its sister site, the Swan Hotel Smoke & Taphouse, though the building has remained closed.
The post stated: “Where there is a will there is a way.
“Outdoor take away with a river view anyone. Food & drinks delivered to your table.”