While the pub’s local Premier League side, recently promoted Norwich City, may not be a mainstay among the country’s elite, the Gardeners Arms – known locally as the Murderers – is a near ever-present among the nation’s best pubs, winning the Best for Sport category prize at the 2015 Great British Pub Awards.
- How can showing sport boost your business? We spoke to the six finalists in the ‘best for sport’ category at the 2019 Great British Pub Awards to find out how sport gives their business that winning feeling.
A well-established and characterful freehouse, the Murderers is set in an historic building adapted for the modern sports fan. It features zoned nooks and crannies with subtly placed screens to combine viewing experience with the look and feel of a traditional pub.
- 128 Premier League games exclusively live plus so much more. Call Sky on 08442 411 490 today for the best deal for your venue
A fulcrum of Norwich’s real ale and cider scene, the Murderers has both quality and quantity in a drinks offering that is popular with the city’s sports fans and professionals alike.
“Over the years we’ve built up a really good reputation for showing live sport – it’s all about atmosphere,” Philip Cutter of the Gardeners Arms explains.
“The pub is unique in the way it’s laid out – we can show lots of different events at the same time in different areas and they don’t impact on each other.”
Read more about The Murderers:
- How can Formula One drive footfall? - Hear how Phil Cutter, licensee of the Murderers pub in Norwich and sport category finalist at the 2018 Great British Pub Awards has used Formula One to boost business.
- Premier League v EFL Championship: does promotion boost a team's local pubs? - Pubs are a key fixture in many fans’ match-day experience, but do they reap the rewards of the Premier League windfall when their local side hits the big time?
- Norwich Gardeners Arms gets new moniker for World Cup and royal wedding - The Gardeners Arms in Norwich, known locally as the Murderers, has temporarily changed its name to ‘The Harry’ to celebrate the royal wedding and 2018 Russia World Cup this summer.
128 Premier League games exclusively live plus so much more. Call Sky on 08442 411 490 today for the best deal for your venue.
*Calls to Sky cost 7p per minute plus your provider’s access charge.