As the industry faces further misery with increased restrictions, we are hoping to use the awards as a rallying call to remind the entire country of how important pubs and bars are to our society and local communities.
These awards have been adapted to share some inspirational stories on how despite the fact pubs were facing their toughest challenges ever, they didn’t turn their backs on the communities they served.
We’ll be hearing from a range of outstanding operators tonight across a range of categories, with our host Stephen Mulherne leading the celebrations.
Ed Bedington, the editor of The Morning Advertiser, which organises the awards, said: “I have been truly blown away by the actions and activities of so many operators in our sector.
“When the chips were down, they did not shy away from stepping up and the good that they’ve done for their communities during a truly terrifying time for many is incomparable.
Such an amazing job
“All of the finalists in the awards tonight deserve all the credit for doing such an amazing job, and to me, they’re all winners. I hope we can use these awards to spread these amazing pubs stories far and wide and remind people of the important role that pubs continue to play in our society.”
To see all the winners and finalists, click here.
To watch the event and even stream it in your own pub and celebrate along with the rest of the industry and your customers there are three ways to get involved:
- Screach: hundreds of participating pubs have been given access to streaming technology to tune in on the night with their customers. Find out more by clicking the link above
- Facebook: just search for Morning Advertiser on Facebook and give us a like. We’ll be streaming the even live on our Facebook page. Alternatively CLICK HERE to find out Facebook page
- YouTube: head over to The Morning Advertiser’s YouTube channel where we’ll be screening the even live
The competition sees pubs from across the UK compete across fifteen different categories which include:
- Staff Welfare
- Pub Shop
- Charity Champion
- Front Line Support
- Business Continuity
- Feeding the Community
- Community Services
- Community Mindfulness
- Sheltering the Community
- Keeping the Community Entertained
- Admiral Taverns Pub Hero of the Year
- Ei Publican Partnerships Pub Hero of the Year
- Greene King Pub Hero of the Year
- Punch Pubs & Co Pub Hero of the Year
- Star Pubs & Bars Pub Hero of the Year