Some of the biggest names in the business will be waiting to see where they’ll be ranked in the annual list, which has become the definitive guide to the best gastropubs across the whole of the UK.
From Michelin-starred masters, to home-grown experts, the Top 50 Gastropubs list shines a light on one of the most popular parts of the pub-trade, and one that is well worth celebrating.
The list is voted for by an academy of voters, made up of people from across the pub trade industry, alongside leading food experts, food writers, chefs and those in the know.
Ed Bedington, editor of The Morning Advertiser, which organises the list, said: “Food has become a major part of the pub trade and those operating at the top end are setting standards for hospitality in total to follow.
“High-end food, once the preserve of the fussy, linen-table-clothed restaurant, has been rescued from that stuffy prison and given room to breath in a pub environment, a far more relaxed, enjoyable experience that chefs and pub operators are rushing to embrace.
“The pubs named and ranked in our Top 50 list represent some of the best places to eat out in the UK full stop, and we’re delighted to be revealing where everyone has finished at a fantastic event in Manchester shortly.
“Good luck to all our operators. The pub sector has suffered hugely in the last couple of years, but it’s wonderful to see that such amazing operators have managed to weather that storm and continue to fly the flag for such excellent standards when it comes to top grub.”
The Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropubs list 2022 will be revealed in Manchester on Monday 24 January. The winners will then be revealed on a brand new website from then.
The event will also see winners of the Front of House, Newcomer and One to Watch awards announced as well.
The gastropubs on the list feature some old faces and new, and we’ll also be listing the pubs in the 5 to 100 slots as well from 24 January.
The pubs in the running for the Top 50, alphabetically, are:
- The Angel at Hetton, Hetton
- The Bailiwick Free House, Egham
- The Beehive, White Waltham
- The Bell Inn, Langford
- The Black Bear Inn, Usk
- The Broad Chare, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- The Bull & Last, London
- The Cadeleigh Arms, Tiverton
- The Canton Arms, Stockwell
- The Castle Inn, Castle Coombe
- The Coach, Marlow
- The Cornish Arms, Tavistock
- The Cross, Kenilworth
- The Dog at Wingham, Wingham
- The Duck Inn, Pett Bottom
- The Duncombe Arms, Ashbourne
- The Felin Fach Griffin, Brecon
- The Five Bells Inn, Cullompton
- The Fordwich Arms, Canterbury
- Freemasons at Wiswell, Clitheroe
- The French House, Soho
- The Guinea Grill, London
- The Hand & Flowers, Marlow
- The Hardwick, Abergavenny
- The Harwood Arms, London
- Heft, High Newton
- The Higher Buck, Waddington
- The Hind’s Head, Bray
- The Hovingham Arms, Yorkshire
- The Kentish Hare, Bidborough
- St Kew Inn, Bodmin
- The Loch and the Tyne, Old Windsor
- The Long Arms, South Wraxall
- The Mariners, Rock
- The Masons Arms, Knowstone
- The Moorcock, Norland Moor
- The Pack Horse, Hayfield
- Parkers Arms, Clitheroe
- The Pipe and Glass, Barnsley
- The Plough, Coton
- The Pyne Arms, Barnstaple
- The Rat Inn, Anick
- The Red Lion and Sun, London
- The Shibden Mill Inn, Shibden
- The Sportsman, Whistable
- The Star Inn Harome, Harome
- The Swan, Bampton
- The Three Hills, Bartlow
- The Unruly Pig, Woodbridge
- The White Swan at Fence, Fence