- Enter here now
The awards, which have now been running for more than 30 years, are known as the ‘pub Oscars’ and recognises the best in the business.
The variety of categories honours pubs right across the sector including food, sport, entertainment, garden and more.
The entry deadline is 22 May, which means licensees have just under a month to put themselves into the running.
The Morning Advertiser, which organises the awards, editor Ed Bedington said: “The competition is the one to win for any licensee running a pub – it can really put your business on the map and you can reap great rewards.
“We’ve seen some incredible success stories over the years running this prestigious competition and we’re excited to reveal more this year but you’ve got to be in it to win it so enter now for your chance to be crowned the best pub in the country.”
Previous winners have had their say on what the award wins means to their businesses including Brendan Padfield of the Unruly Pig in Bromeswell, Suffolk who took home the title of Best Food Pub in 2021.
He said: “The Great British Pub Awards made a real difference to our business. It was a huge honour to win the Best Food award and the consequential publicity was immense, The award undoubtedly helped us grow our reputation for being a destination venue.”
The full list of categories to enter are:
- Best Pub Garden
- Best Pub for Entertainment
- Best Pub for Food (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Best Pub for Dogs
- Best Pub for Sport
- Best Pub for Families
- Best Pub Chef (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Best Young Pub Chef (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Community Hero
- (NEW) Best Sustainable Pub (sponsored by Heineken UK) – Open to all pubs that are doing a great job when it comes to improving their environmental footprint. Judges will be looking for sustainable practices throughout the operation of the business, from food and drink sourcing, to waste and energy reductions practices.
- (NEW) Best Country/ Rural Pub – Open to all pubs in a rural/village setting. This is for a pub that is doing an exceptional job across the board, offering high standards with its overall offer and great service in superb surroundings that caters for their target market
- (NEW) Best City/ Urban Pub – Open to all pubs in a urban/city setting. This is for a pub that is doing an exceptional job across the board, offering high standards with its overall offer and great service in superb surroundings that caters for their target market.
We'll also be judging entries from the UK's top pub companies. These are:
- Best Admiral Pub
- Best Stonegate Pub
- Best Greene King Pub
- Best Punch Pubs & Co Pub
- Best Marston’s Pub
- Best Star Pubs & Bars Pub
Fellow former winner the Fox at Peasemore licensee Phil Davison echoed Padfield’s comments on the impact.
He added: “We were extremely proud to support our community during such a difficult time and receiving this recognition for our efforts was the icing on the cake.
“In the four weeks after opening, we finished 50% up on sales compared with the same period in 2019, demonstrating the impact this investment had on the business.”
The awards are kindly sponsored by: Admiral Taverns, Booker Makro, Greene King, Heineken UK, Marstons Pub Company, Punch Pubs & Co, Star Pubs & Bars, Stonegate Group.