- Pubs report smooth and safe reopenings - Licensees from across the country have reported successful reopenings over last weekend (Saturday 4 July) with takings on par with 2019.
- Super Saturday on social media: new menus, record trading and 'just the best day' - Pubs took to social media to share their excitement over a "highest ever daily take" and how "customers loved being social human beings again" after resuming trade at the earliest available post-lockdown opportunity on 4 July.
- St Austell Brewery to reopen more than 100 pubs on 4 July weekend - West Country brewer and pub operator St Austell Brewery has revealed that its entire managed estate will resume trading on 4 July.
- Health secretary praises pubs for closing after coronavirus links - Secretary of state for health and social care Matt Hancock has applauded pubs that have closed after customers tested positive for coronavirus.
- St Austell boss calls for VAT, beer duty and business rates cut - The chief executive of Cornish brewer and pub operator St Austell has called upon the Chancellor for extended support for hospitality in his July Statement off the back of a “steady” return to trade post-lockdown.
- Sunak: millions of pounds in financial support for pubs - Pubs have been handed a hefty financial support plan today by Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak, including a scheme giving customers up to £10 off each on sit-down meals and non-alcoholic drinks in August, as well as a significant VAT cut on food, accommodation and attractions.
- Who are the winners and losers from the Chancellor's 'mini Budget'? - Chancellor Rishi Sunak has unveiled a £30bn relief package to help the UK economy recover from the Covid-19 pandemic – but what impact will it have on the pub trade's recovery?
- Wet-led pubs left disappointed by ‘unfair’ VAT cut - Trade bodies and community-focused pub operators have voiced their concerns about feeling left out of the financial measures announced by Chancellor Rishi Sunak this week (Wednesday 8 July).
- Job creation scheme to kickstart hospitality - Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak has urged businesses to join a job-creation scheme aimed at young people when applications open next month.