Launched earlier this month, the Shoreditch bar’s new cocktail menu takes inspiration from the world of Anime.
Below, Callooh Callay operations manager Simone Crepaldi, details how to make a Psyduck cocktail.
The venue, which is number 37 Top 50 Cocktail Bars list, sells some 250 of the “easy” to make Psyduck cocktails, which retails at £13 per serve, each month.
Crepaldi said: “The clarity and sexy, clean look with the tropical flavour from the mango makes [this drink] a flavourful and refreshing cocktail.
“Having a balanced cocktail menu, where everyone can find their go to drink, has always played an important part in any menus we do at Callooh Callay; when you have a good variety of cocktails to offer you are more likely to please everyone.”
Let's get into it...
- Sous Vide pot
- Highball glass
- 40ml Amazzoni Gin
- 10ml Mango, coriander and cardamon infused cordial (method and ingredients below)
- 75ml Franklin and Sons Mandarin and Ginger Soda
- Bay leaf to garnish
- Cubed ice
- Add 300g cubed mango, 190g sugar, 355g water, 5g coriander seeds, 5g cardamom seeds and 8.6gm 1% citric acid to a Sous Vide pot
- Bring to the boil and lower to a simmer for 20 mins
- Strain with coffee filters
- Bottle and shelve for up to one month
- Build straight into the glass by pouring the gin and cordial into a highball
- Top with Franklin and Sons Mandarin and Ginger soda
- Add ice and garnish with a bay leaf before serving
If you have any drinks recipes or top tips to share as part of The Morning Advertiser's Drinks Masterclass series please contact email@example.com.