Allowing for a gross profit margin of 71.37%, the serve costs around £2.69 to make and retails at £11.
Hanlon said: “Arguably the simplicity of flavours [make this cocktail stand out]; just from the name you understand what it will taste like.
“We’ve found that complicated flavours or obscure ingredients can lead people to stay in their comfort zone and order what they know, we’re trying to tempt people out of that.
“Having a diverse drinks offering undeniably opens you up to a larger market. The cocktail scene is only growing so the expectations from consumers for a cocktail offering is certainly getting bigger.”
This comes as data from event management company MGN last week revealed the Margarita was the UK’s most popular cocktail.
Hanlon added a tip to enhance this serve was to use frozen mangoes.
She continued: “Fresh mangoes are undeniably delicious in this cocktail but we’ve found that ripeness and consistency can be an issue.
“To overcome this, we now buy frozen mango and defrost this before juicing as it provides a more consistent flavour, a better yield and is more cost-effective.”
Let’s get into it…Equipment required:
- Coldpress juicer
- Measuring jug
- Cocktail shaker
- Hawthorn strainer
- Frozen rocks glass to serve
- 40 ml Blanco Tequila
- 20 ml Mango Syrup (recipe below)
- 20 ml Lime juice
- 15 ml Vermouth
- 10 ml Peach liqueur
- 2 dashes Orange bitters
- Amchoor salt to garnish (recipe below)
- Juice a whole mango using a cold press and strain this through a chinois
- Mix the mango juice with equal parts caster sugar
- Stir until all sugar is completely dissolved
- Store in the fridge for a maximum of two weeks
- Mix four parts Malden sea salt with one-part amchoor powder
- Gently crush to a coarse salt rather than a fine powder
- Run a lime wedge down one side of the frozen rocks glass and gently roll in the amchoor salt
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake
- Single strain into the rocks glass, filled with cubed ice
If you have any drinks recipes or top tips to share as part of The Morning Advertiser's Drinks Masterclass series please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.