Jones said: “Drinks of this nature are extremely versatile and can suit your vibe or guests needs easily."
Additionally, adding serves like this to your menu is a "smart" move for profit margins as well as offering guests an "approachable cocktail", improving consumer "retention" and keeping them "coming back for more", he continued.
The general manager added Transparency was his favourite drink on the bar’s current menu and could be easily tailored to different tastes and requirements, including as a non-alcoholic serve by using alcohol-free rum.
He said: “It's a clarified Piña Colada, and everyone loves Piña Coladas, right?
“The deceptive elements [make this cocktail stand out], taking flavours that guests around the world are used to, and presenting them in a way they may not have tried before; we also utilise waste as the garnish for this drink.
“We have tweaked it and sent it out as a spritz to guests before and it was absolutely amazing."
Let’s get into it…Equipment required:
- Cheese or Muslin cloth
- Measuring cylinders
- 40ml white rum of your choice
10ml coconut rum
- 50ml pineapple milk
- 5ml sugar syrup
- Heat 750g coconut milk with 250g soy milk on the hob for five minutes then take off the heat
- Slowly add 1kg pineapple juice in a thin stream and leave to refrigerate
- Once split, pass through the cheese cloth or muslin bag, bottle and refrigerate for up to two weeks
- Marry all ingredients together
- Pour over ice in your chosen glass or bottle and refrigerate
- Serve with a garnish of your choice
If you have any drinks recipes or top tips to share as part of The Morning Advertiser's Drinks Masterclass series please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.