Makes: 10 portions
- 1.25kg Chicken breast or thigh, prepared & boneless
- 50g Knorr Patak's Madras Indian Spice Blend Paste (optional)
- 1.1ltr Knorr Dopiaza Prepared Sauce
- 30ml Oil
- 250g Onions prepared & chopped
- 100g Tomatoes deseeded & chopped
- 10g Knorr Garlic Paste (optional)
- 250g Spinach leaves, prepared & torn
- 5g Coriander fresh prepared & chopped
- Pre heat an oven to 200ºC (400ºF) gas 6. Warm the serving plates/dishes.
- Prepare the chicken for sauté, removing excess skin & fat and cutting into even portions and blending with the Tikka Masala paste.
- Bring the Dopiaza sauce to the boil over a medium heat, keep hot until required.
- In a sauté pan add the oil and bring to a medium to high heat, add the chicken, cook to a golden brown evenly all over, add the onions and garlic paste, further cook for a few minutes.
- Cover with a lid and cook in the prepared oven or over a low heat for 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and tender. A steamer can be used as an alternative to the oven or stove. Remove and keep hot.
- Drain any excess oil & fat from the sauté pan, add the prepared sauce, bring to a medium to high heat, add the tomatoes, spinach, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Dress the chicken neatly, centre of plate, mask over and drizzle the sauce or serve separately, garnish with coriander.
This recipe can be applied to the range of Knorr Patak's Indian Sauces.
Handy hint: Serve with Knorr rice, Knorr Patak's Mini Poppadums, Naan Breads and chutney
Healthy hints: Use skinless and trimmed chicken breast fillets. Serve with a crispy green salad with natural yoghurt as a side order.