250gMaltesers®220g butter or margarine100g caster sugar350g plain flour, siftedextra caster sugar for dusting900ml whipping cream750ml raspberry coulis (see recipe below)10 raspberries, fresh (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 300deg F/150 deg C/
gas mark 2/combi oven dry heat 130 deg C. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with bakewell paper.
- Beat the butter or margarine to a soft consistency, beat in the sugar followed by the sifted flour, then gently work and finish off binding with your hands to form a paste. Dust your work surface with additional caster sugar, then roll out the paste to approximately 2-3mm.
- Cut out using a 7.5cm fluted or straight edge cutter, place onto the baking sheet and bake on a high shelf for approximately 25 to 30 minutes (15 to 20 minutes in combi oven). Remove when cooked and dust immediately with caster sugar then carefully place onto a cooling rack.
- When the biscuits are cool whip up the cream until stiff peaks form, empty the Maltesers® into a bag and coarsely crush with a rolling pin.
- Gently fold the Maltesers® into the cream (add additional sugar to sweeten if required). Place a biscuit on a serving plate and spoon a little of the Maltesers® filling onto the centre of the biscuit. Place a second onto the cream, pressing firmly, and repeat the process once more.
- Place one of the optional raspberries in the centre of the top biscuit. Carefully spoon a little of the raspberry coulis around the outside of the biscuit and serve.
Raspberry coulis for Maltesers® Shortbread
Makes approx 750ml
750gfrozen raspberries, defrosted200-250ml stock syruplemon juice to taste
Place the fruit into a blender with stock syrup and blend until smooth. Pass through a strainer and fine sieve and add lemon juice to taste.