Bud Light available in bottle

By Nikkie Sutton

- Last updated on GMT

New format: the bottle will be available across the on-trade and off-trade
New format: the bottle will be available across the on-trade and off-trade

Related tags: Marketing management, Marketing

AB InBev has launched its Bud Light beer in a 330ml bottle format, one year after the beer was introduced.

The launch will be supported by a fully integrated marketing campaign that aims to celebrate the brand’s ‘light-hearted personality’.

This includes TV advertising, PR and social media activations – all centred around the latest phrase taking America by storm – ‘dilly dilly’, which originates from the shortening of delightful or delicious.

Growing demand

The 3.5% brew launched on draught​ to the on-trade and in 440ml aluminium cans to both the on-trade and off-trade, in February 2017 in response to “growing demand”. It was also made available in 500ml cans as stock keeping units in wholesalers.

AB InBev marketing director Nick Robinson said the company’s research showed younger drinkers, in particular, wanted a beer with a lighter taste, fewer calories and lower ABV.

The company also stated that 43% of UK beer drinkers only consume bottled beer, as opposed to other formats such as cans, meaning the Bud Light bottle will help licensees to tap into this audience, while giving the remaining 57% further choice.

About the bottle format, Bud Light marketing manager Andre Amaral outlined how it offers drinkers a wider choice of pack formats to suit a variety of occasions and needs.

Evolving preferences

He said: “Following the success of Bud Light’s launch in the UK last year, we look forward to continuing the expansion of this exciting brand with the new bottle format.

“As a brand that is responding to the evolving preferences of today’s consumer – for a beer with a lighter taste, fewer calories and lower ABV – we want to provide our consumers with a wider choice of pack formats to suit different occasions and needs.

“The campaign also highlights the significant investment we are putting behind the brand, at a time when low and no-alcohol beer is becoming increasingly popular and in high demand.”

Related topics: Beer

Related news

Show more