We get locked down, but we Get Up Again! Pubs can get the party started when they reopen in May by making the most of a free month of the popular Rock and Roll Bingo game, guaranteed to get customers’ toes tapping and the tills ringing.
There’s also a grand £1,000 prize on offer during a special one-off National Game taking place on Friday, 21 May.
Leading music and technology providers Startle and Rock and Roll Bingo are teaming up to offer pubs and bars a free month of their crowd-pleasing music quiz, to help them drive trade when they reopen.
Rock and Roll Bingo has become one of the on-trade’s favourite entertainments. The game is a proven traffic-builder that’s huge fun for customers of all ages to play, and easy for pubs to host. Just as importantly for post-lockdown trading, it’s completely Covid-safe - customers play on their phones, at their table, with no need for a host in the pub, or pens and paper.
To access the Get Up Again offer, pubs can simply download the Rock and Roll Bingo app and register the pub, with customers playing along in the venue through their phones. Pubs will receive tokens to host 10 games, at any time of their choosing across the month, including the National Game on the 21stt. Startle is supporting pubs with hints and tips as well as promotional assets to turn every game into a ‘must attend’ for local customers and a standout success for the pub.
Pubs can claim their 10 free games of Rock and Roll Bingo to run anytime during the month after reopening on 17 May, with no ongoing commitment. The National Game on Friday, 21st May, offering a £1,000 cash prize for one lucky winner, will encourage high customer participation in this event, as part of a wider, nationwide celebration of pubs reopening.
Startle CEO Adam Castleton said: “Pubs have been pushed to the edge over the last year, and responded with resilience, innovation and, above all, compassion for those in their communities impacted by the pandemic – despite often facing huge uncertainty themselves.
“We’re thanking licensees and their teams for everything they’ve done to help their communities come through this incredibly tough time, and helping them to celebrate reopening with their local customers. There’s no better way than the light-hearted fun and toe-tapping tracks that so many people have missed while pubs were closed, and we’re looking forward to pubs registering for free games as part of their reopening programme.”
National Game part of reopening celebration
Startle and Rock and Roll Bingo are designating Friday 21 May at 8.00 pm for a National Game, and are encouraging pubs to make it part of their broader reopening celebrations with their local communities.
Castleton said: “If the last year has taught us anything, it’s that we’re all stronger when we’re part of something larger, as so many pubs have shown during the pandemic with their community support. The National Game will see thousands of customers playing along together, creating that sense of community across the land. We think it’s a fitting way to mark the reopening of pubs as they welcome back their customers.
“It’s up to pubs how they choose to mark this occasion, but from our conversations with pubs, we know they are making plans to celebrate reopening, which might include inviting local NHS workers and other heroes of the pandemic to thank them for their help. Ultimately, it’s about drawing a line under the lockdown and looking forward to happier times!”
Making the most of reopening
The National Game of Rock and Roll Bingo on Friday 21st May is a perfect way to celebrate reopening, especially by adding elements to make it even more fun and memorable. Every pub is individual, and what works in one might not be right for another, but here are a few ‘starters for 10’ from Startle:
- Invite a long-standing regular to pull the first pint on the evening – as a way of marking your pub’s official reopening
- Get people tapping their toes before the National Game starts with Startle’s ‘Get Up Again’ playlist below. Or ask customers what tracks they’d like to hear and play the one with the most votes just before starting the game!
- Create a themed celebratory cocktail for the night, perhaps adding a small optional donation which goes to the local NHS or other charity
- Show gratitude to local NHS staff, teachers and other key workers by putting aside a table in the pub for them – and perhaps throwing in a bottle of wine or a first round of drinks on the house
- Many MPs have been supportive of the great work that pubs have done during lockdown – so why not invite the local MP to be part of reopening? You can send an email to their office easily via this website
- Local press and radio may also be interested in what’s going on to mark reopening and thank the local community. Invite them to take part in the National Game, and send a press release and photo from the evening soon afterwards.
- Create a buzz on social media – before, during and after the event. Don’t forget to add the hashtag #getupagain
Startle’s ‘Get Up Again’ playlist
- Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
- Freedom – George Michael
- The Boys Are Back In Town – Thin Lizzy
- Girls Just Wanna have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
- Get This Party Started - P!nk
- Where Have You Been? – Rhianna
- How Long? – Ace
- Get Back – The Beatles
- Things Can Only Get Better - D:Ream
- I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
To find out more about the Rock and Roll Bingo offer, visit www.getupagain.co.uk.