The figures from a survey conducted by VoucherCodesPro, also discovered 1 in 3 vegetarians revealed they eat meat every time they were drunk on a night out.
Kebab meat and beef burgers were voted the most common meat for vegetarians to give into when drunk.
The website surveyed 1,789 people in the UK, all of whom were vegetarians, as part of the study.
Initially, respondents were asked ‘When drunk, do you ever eat meat?’ To this, over a third of respondents (37%) admitted that they did so. The remaining 63% of respondents were adamant they never ate meat when drunk.
Respondents who disclosed they had eaten meat when drunk were asked to disclose how often they did so:
- Every time you are drunk on a night out– 34%
- Fairly often – 26%
- Rarely – 22%
- Occasionally – 18%
The same group were asked to indicate which foods they were most likely to eat when drunk. The top 5 meats for vegetarians to eat when drunk were:
- Kebab meat – 39%
- Beef Burgers – 34%
- Bacon – 27%
- Fried Chicken – 19%
- Pork Sausages – 14%
Respondents were then asked to reveal how much they spent when eating meat when drunk. Researchers compiled the answers to reveal the average amount spent on meat by vegetarians when drunk as £4.80.
The vegetarians who admitted to eating meat when drunk were asked to reveal whether they told anyone that they did so. A majority of 69% said that they did not tell others that they ate meat - only 31% stating they did.
George Charles, founder of www.VoucherCodesPro.co.uk, said: “I really couldn’t believe the stats from this research! I know a few vegetarians who sometimes crave meat, but it seems that a few are giving into their cravings when drunk! I think it’s important for friends of these vegetarians to support them when drunk and urge them not to eat meat as I’m sure they regret it the next day!”