Slow Cooked Spicy Belly Of Pork With Seafood Bisque
- 1750g pork belly
- 160g Tandoori paste
- 200g onion
- 40g garlic
- 200g fennel bulb
- 50g tomato paste
- 1000g light stock
- 5g coriander seed
- 5g fennel seed
- 10g thyme
- 200g white wine
- 400g mussels
- 250g prawns
- 250g squid
- 40g corn flour
- 300g whipping cream
- 1500g crushed New potatoes
1. Rub the belly with the Tandoori paste and marinate for six hours.
2. Place the marinated belly in a deep roasting tray and put in an oven at 140c for two hours.
3. Once cooked, remove the belly and leave to rest. Add to the roasting tray the whole cleaned mussels and the wine and allow to cook on a gas ring for approximately four minutes.
4. Remove the mussels from the roasting tray and add the onion, garlic, fennel, the seeds and tomato paste and sweat gently to soften.
5. Add stock, corn flour and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add cream and simmer for five minutes.
7. Pass through a fine sieve, add to the sauce the squid rings, prawns and picked mussels. Gently cook the seafood and set aside.
8. To serve, spoon the warm crushed new potatoes and top with a carved piece of tandoori pork belly and spoon the seafood bisque sauce around.