- No idea on pubs’ place in reopening pecking order - The Government has not indicated the point at which hospitality will open when the country lifts from lockdown, but it is understood sector leaders and ministers are discussing what restrictions will be in place once pubs and bars reopen.
- Explained: how to claim business interruption insurance - While the Supreme Court ruled most business interruption insurance policyholders will have cover for losses due to coronavirus restrictions, which was hailed as a “massive boost”, it doesn’t necessarily mean everyone who had this insurance can be compensated.
- Hawthorn calls for ‘clear roadmap’ to reopening following near £10m Q3 pub investment - NewRiver-owned pub company Hawthorn has revealed it ended 2020 with £250m of available liquidity and having more than doubled its planned Q3 capital expenditure spend.
- Public lacks faith in Gov's support for pubs - New research shows the majority of Brits have lost confidence in the Government to support the ailing pub sector, and more than half back the appointment of a hospitality minister.
- What does the pub sector want from the 3 March Budget? - With more than a month to wait until further support is announced, The Morning Advertiser asked hospitality sector stakeholders to run through their fiscal wish lists ahead of the Chancellor's next Budget.
- Insurance ruling prompts ‘rise of PPI type companies' offering claims review - Hospitality insurance specialist Steven Swift of Sector Associates gives his verdict on the Supreme Court’s recent business interruption ruling.
- ‘Landmark’ business interruption insurance ruling welcomed by hospitality sector - The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA), UKHospitality (UKH) and the Night Time Industries Association (NTIA) all reacted positively to the Supreme Court’s decision on business interruption cover.
- Supreme Court backs policyholders in ‘massive boost’ to lockdown-hit businesses - The Supreme Court has today (15 January) ruled that the ‘vast majority’ of business interruption insurance policyholders will have cover for losses incurred due to national Covid-19 measures.
- 'Unviable' and 'catch 22': operators share thoughts on post-lockdown tiers - Wet-led licensees said they are bracing themselves for months of extended closure as they fear it will not be viable to reopen under another tiered system of restrictions even if permitted.