Since the launch in January this year, licensee-operators have been entering the competition, showing the judges evidence of how they have been rebuilding their businesses and communities, with a focus on their resilience, sustainability, diversification and commitment to their teams.
The BII said the entries and quarter-finalists have been of a particularly high standard, making it even more difficult for the team of judges to decide who made the semi-finals.
Selected from a field of more than 300 entrants, the semi-finalists have reached this far in the awards on the basis of their exceptional entry forms, social media and web presence audits and mystery customer visits.
Head judges Sue Allen CBII and Ashley McCarthy CBII will be making their way across the country over the next few weeks to meet the final 12 in person to experience their businesses first-hand.
The LOYA semi-finalists are:
- Samantha & Mark Robinson – Queens Head – LA23 1PW
- Heather & Caroline Porter-Brandwood – the Bellflower – PR3 0JA
- Nick Hunter – the Happy Cheese – SO40 7AR
- Michelle Gilmour – the Old Windmill – CV1 3BA
- Lee & Keris De Villiers – the Pig & Whistle – SW18 5LD
- Stewart Odd – the Ring O’Bells – BS40 6JE
- Kate Hayden – the Snow Goose – GU14 9DX
- William Sheldon – the Tiger Inn – TN25 6BA
- Ollie Coulombeau – the Turks Head – TW1 1LF
- Joe Buckley – Tollemache Arms – NN6 9NU
- Tommy Fox – the Barrelman – DD1 2AJ
- Josh & Tobi Hardisty – Black Horse Hotel – BD23 5AT
Excellence in our sector
Steven Alton, chief executive of the trade body, said: “Our Licensee of the Year Award is the most prestigious and hard-fought award, showing the excellence in our sector; our semi-finalists are of a fantastic standard.
“We are proud that the awards process this year, more than ever, is offering a value-added experience to all those involved with business insight and the chance to evaluate your business available at every stage.”
The six finalists will be announced on the week commencing 15 May with all of them being presented with a trophy at the BII Summer Event on 20 June, where the overall winner of Licensee of the Year 2023 will be crowned.